• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Disney: Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nick Cravet (Busted Luck a Comanche tribesman), Fess Parker (Crockett), Buddy Ebson (Georgie Russel).

fess-parker-and-ol-betsy.jpg

Cravet (5' 4") teamed up with Burt Lancaster (6' 1") for 8 years in a circus acrobatic act before Lancaster became a Hollywood super star.

Circus-Lancaster-Cravat.jpg

Cravet was also the little Gremlin in the William Shatner Twilight Zone feature Nightmare at 20,000 feet.

nightmare.jpg

Attachments

• nightmare.jpg
    nightmare.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 76
That reminds me, sooner or later I plan to get the DVD set of all the Dan'l Boone videos!

"Keepin' his Eye on the President": Congressman Crockett, for humanitarian reasons, hated President Jackson's proposed law to remove Native Americans from their reservations and head them all off to Oklahoma (trail of tears). So Crockett abandoned the Democratic party, and switched over to becoming a Whig. He lost reelection in Tennessee for that reason and wound up at the Alamo.

I remember watching the series live when in grade school. As it happened, I sat next to Buddy Ebson at the coffee shop counter at the Hilton Hotel on Wilshire Blvd. We each had a hamburger and a cup of coffee. It was an odd time around 2:00PM. There was no one else there at the time. He told me he often ate at odd hours at restaurants so people would not recognize him. But I did. I didn't bug him with a bunch of questions. Just minor chit-chat. But I did mention how I was a big fan of the Crocket series as a kid. This was back in 1983/84 as I recall.

Rick

I remember Davy Crockett on TV. and the song on the radio. I was in kindergarten. I bought the VHS tape for my son when he was in kindergarten and he wore out the tape in the space of two years. watching it constantly. That and reruns of WKRP, he was in love with Ms. Anderson.

This you gotta love - the stuff my boyhood dreams were made of! When our grandma lay a-dyin' in Sallis, Mississippi, she asked me and my brother Jimmy - both pastors in training - to 1. sing hymns for her, and 2. to sing "Davey Crockett!" "Born on a mountaintop in Tennessee - greenest state in the land of the free..." Precious memories.

Attachments

• Sallis - GrammawLong - Jimmy - Johnny 001.jpg
    Sallis - GrammawLong - Jimmy - Johnny 001.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 159
One of the true TV hero's from my childhood, right next to Clanton Moore . Doe's any body know where this riffle is Fess is holding, I would love to see it , Wild carvings all along the forearm , I have seen this gun in other publicity photo's held by Fess . I know there is one of his rifles at the Alamo museum presented by the NRA maybe..... But I do believe it is a different rifle. Any comments ?

Attachments

• FESS PARKER.jpg
    FESS PARKER.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 123
One of my favorite shows when I was younger was Davy Crockett. Never knew Nick Cravat was in that show, but one of my favorite movies when I was in my early teens was “The Crimson Pirate” with Burt Lancaster and Nick Cravat played his mute sidekick. Great movie!

This is one of the shows I grew up watching. Living here in the mountains of East Tennessee I felt a connection to Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. I used to play in the woods behind our house pretending to be Davy or Daniel.

Come to think of it, I still do!

There's just not any shows on TV today that compares to these.

One of the true TV hero's from my childhood, right next to Clanton Moore . Doe's any body know where this riffle is Fess is holding, I would love to see it , Wild carvings all along the forearm , I have seen this gun in other publicity photo's held by Fess . I know there is one of his rifles at the Alamo museum presented by the NRA maybe..... But I do believe it is a different rifle. Any comments ?

Article here on Ol Betsy, the rifle from the TV show. Disney: Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier.

This is one of the shows I grew up watching. Living here in the mountains of East Tennessee I felt a connection to Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. I used to play in the woods behind our house pretending to be Davy or Daniel.

You're right, and kids are the poorer for it too. We all learned that good triumphed over evil in the long run in those shows.

So true. It also sparked in me a lifelong interest in U.S. history. One reason I keep flintlocks and such is to teach my grandkids about such things. I know we could all talk at length about this but I don't wish to get off topic.

Having said that, I'm fortunate that Daniel Boone is still aired on one of our stations and I watch it every chance I get. I haven't found any reruns of Davy Crockett yet.

This you gotta love - the stuff my boyhood dreams were made of! When our grandma lay a-dyin' in Sallis, Mississippi, she asked me and my brother Jimmy - both pastors in training - to 1. sing hymns for her, and 2. to sing "Davey Crockett!" "Born on a mountaintop in Tennessee - greenest state in the land of the free..." Precious memories.

Good Lord, I haven't seen that film clip in since I was a kid in the 50's but always remembered Davey putting two shots in one hole to beat the other guy. I always thought he was shooting against Big Mike Fink ( Jeff York) and not Bigfoot (Mike Mazurki) in the shoot off. He and Big Mike Fink shot cups of whiskey off their heads another time. Noticed a couple of instances where the touch hole blast ruffled the bystanders hair a bit too 😅

Almost all of us older ML fans site Davy as inspiration....

Back