• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DANIAL BOONE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brubincam

62 Cal.
Reaction score
-----on the TV show Danial Boone-last night--there was a guy cleaning his muzzleloader :nono: :nono: :nono: with a metal cleaning rod with a plastic handle-----

We didn't see that kind-of stuff when we were kids. And it is Daniel Boone :grin:
Ephraim
I loved that show.

-----yeah-it's different now than when we were kids--my wife says "why can't you just watch a movie instead of looking for flaws" when my DAD was alive we used to see who could find the most errors-----

My wife has been giving me the cds...I'm up to the 3rd season now...Being born in '55, I was about 10 when this was on the air...Loved it then, still love it now...

-----I didn't think of that--my son did order local channels----- :surrender: SORRY

Yeah, mines 6, 10, 12, 28, 36, 64 all local channels here. To bad I haven't seen it since the early 70's and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Just watched the 1st season about 3 months ago. It was still great. But after watching all those shows I was about to OD on the Daniel Boone theme song it plays before each show & my player would not let me fast forward thru it. :surrender: Still good clean entertainment . :applause:

I remember these shows as a kid.... My Dad and I loved them!! Ran from 1964 to 1970 (6 seasons... only the first 5 available on DVD so far...) and was cancelled and thrown into syndication to keep the studio from going bust... They still had 20 million viewers in there weekly time slot when the plug was pulled!! Fess Parker retired and became a sucessful business owner...

Were they loose with historical facts? Darn tootin!.... Can you pick out at least 5 errors every episode? You bet!.... But the stories STILL make for great television!!

I have all five collections on DVD and I'm slowly working through them w/ my 7 year old now... and he LOVES them! Great rainy day entertainment while cleaning the flinters. The memories I have... and are still making... based around this show and priceless to me.... Period correctness be damned!!

-----I don't understand the concept of the powder horn pouch setup that Fess has in the BOONE series-----

...Neither did Fess. It was probably given to him direct from wardrobe and they in all likelihood probably acquired it from another movie and/or television series (Example; the coonskin hat)... Historical accuracy was not paramount in their thinking... but budget was. Why do you think they only cast two kids for him? They couldn't afford to pay, feed and school the correct number of children the Boone's did have (that would be 10).....

:v Ah yes the 1950's Saturday morning Fess Parker in Danial Boone Walt Disney series . Always watched while growing up in the 50's and 60's. One thing I allways wanted to know was what kind of sound cannon Disney used to imitate the sound of muzzleloaders being fired? :confused:

Back