• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Kentucky Pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This happened the first time I ever fired this pistol. Couple of 40 grain charges and then I finally settled on 30 grains as being the most accurate out of it. I got it home and found this. This was several years ago and I came here asking questions as to how to go about fixing it. Ended up with a repair that held but have not fired it much since then but I think lighter charges are the most prudent.

I dislike those nose caps anyway. In at least one, I added a barrel tennon and pinned the barrel down. But it was a kit my buddy was putting together and he cracked it badly forcing thee barrel into the channel, or that's what he said happened.

Thanks for reposting the pictures. That is really tragic. BTW, the ram rod thimbles are reversed. The long one goes in the rear and partially into the stock.

Junkman,

Thanks, I never paid any attention to that before. Well, now I have a quick project for today :idunno:

Schutzenkette

I have the Traditions version and shoot a 45auto cartridge full of ffg. It shoots flat out to 50 yards and 10x accurate if I can hold it steady. Starts dropping around 65 yards. At 100 yards and 40 grains with full sight elevation I can hit the target. I haven't done that for a few years cuz I don't feel the need to push the envelope on that pistol anymore. After seeing that picture, I don't think I ever will.

pistols have rear sights that are lower than the front sights.

Actually that is correct. Take any modern pistol and lay a straight-edge across the sights. They aim downward (the bore center-line) because the recoil of a pistol rocks the piece backward in your hand before the ball (bullet) exits the muzzle. Just the opposite of rifle sights.

As to being on target, most muzzle loaders don't come zeroed right out of the box, and no cartridge gun I've shot ever was.

Latest posts

Back