• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chuck Box for camping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently read an article in the Backwoodsman about a chuck box and what their use is when camping. A good way to keep all the cooking and eating items in one place and is easy to transport. A kitchen on the go essentially. So I decided to make one for myself as I do a fair amount of camping.

It was my first time making something like that, so mistakes were made but I learned a ton. But I'm pretty pleased with the results. Should get plenty of miles out of it.
I built one similar to yours years ago out of plywood, keep my old three burner Coleman and all the fixins in it so you just grab and go, very handy, enjoy.

Recently read an article in the Backwoodsman about a chuck box and what their use is when camping. A good way to keep all the cooking and eating items in one place and is easy to transport. A kitchen on the go essentially. So I decided to make one for myself as I do a fair amount of camping.

It was my first time making something like that, so mistakes were made but I learned a ton. But I'm pretty pleased with the results. Should get plenty of miles out of it.
RELY NICE!
The rear leg goes in first and stops against the top rail then the front leg goes up against the back leg. Note the front leg is long to keep it from tipping. The metal loops are handy for handling or lashing it down in transport. The door/table has chains for support and can also allow leveling the table. The slats are screwed on to stiffen the boards that are all pegged edge to edge.
IMG_0837 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
it look's like the back of the chuck wagon! spot on!!

That’s really a nice job!

This was supposed to be my Reenacting Field Desk, my loving wife considered it t be Contraband and took position for her Nick Nacks

Attachments

• REL Field desk.jpg
    REL Field desk.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 31
I tinkered with it some more after receiving some advice. Added a removable shelf for like utensils, spices, etc. Put chains on the lower section to hold it up and sanded off the stamping from the manufacturer. I think I'm done messing with it now. Let's go camping.

Attachments

• 20220207_165634.jpg
    20220207_165634.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 31
Nice work. You may want to add leather or fine chain straps so that the front can be used as a work table for preping your food.

Back