• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chambers kit on Christmas Eve !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDW

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Horay for Jim and Barbie !!
My Virgina Rifle kit showed up on Christmas Eve!! They had quoted 8 to 12 weeks, but it wasn't even a full 7 weeks. Everything looks good and a quick inventory shows it to be complete. Heck, I don't even have my shop in order yet.
When I went to pick up the mail in my very small town, the postmaster said I had a package. It took her about 5 minutes to find it, but when she brought it out , everyone in the lobby said "Hey, Tom got a rifle for Christmas!!" The postmaster wanted to know what kind it was, and when I told her, she got all excited and said to bring it in when it's done so she can see it! You just gotta love Montana. Merry Christmas to all!!
TomW

What kit did you get? When can we expect progress pics?? At least lay all the parts out and let us drool for the holidays :grin:

Hey Tom, I spent a little time up around Kalispel a few years ago and I did love it ,felt like I could really go back in time there!!! Good luck with the gun. :thumbsup:

Great kit TDW. I hope to get a york kit this coming year. Keep us posted & show us a picture when your done.

judge t :thumbsup:

That is a nice kit! (sorry I didn't see that you told us which kit it was right off... blinded by jealousy I expect...Have fun building it.

I'll post a few progress pics as soon as I get going on it (after the holidays). In the mean time I'll be finishing the shop and pouring over the pictures of southern rifles in RCA II!! I've wanted to build one of Jims kits for years, so I'm gonna savor this :wink:
TomW
P.S. my new vice from Mike Lea showed up a few days earlier, and it looks to be a quality product. It's a modified version of the old "Versa Vice".

TDW,
take a hard look at the Faber rifle and the ones immediatly after that in RCA vol. II I'm in Texas now and don't have my book or I'd get the numbers for you. Anyways Merry Christmas to you and congratulations on getting a quality kit.

Tommy and all,
Thanks for the tip. I think I'll do some real simple carving for this first kit (moulding lines and such). I haven't had a lot of experience with carving, but the simple stuff doesn't look too hard (bet I'll regret saying that later! :grin: ). I'm a "detail"guy, so I will keep at it until I get it right! Forunately, I only live about 5 houses down from a friend who has built a bunch of m/l rifles from scratch (and BPCR comp stuff). If I get in trouble, I bet he would help me out.
Thanks
TomW

Hey TDW, Sounds like you got a great kit. I just recieved my TOW stuff for a J.P. Beck styled rifle on the 15th. Nothing like the fun of building a new gun that makes you feel so much like a kid at Christmas again. Every time I start a new rifle I have to re-learn that wonderful lesson of PATIENCE. Since we are both in the best state of these United States maybe we will bump into each other someday. I will be puting pics up as it is being built.

Hey TomW,

I'm excited for you. Gettin' my hands dirty in a rifle build is about as much fun as I've ever had. Isn't it great to have an expert so handy? I live about an hour from my brother, Grizz. We are both heavy into building, so we take great delight in pickin' eachother's brains for new ideas.... gets the fleas out too!!!

Good luck in your work. Looking forward to your posts. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty excited , myself!!! I have all the tools, and just need to get past the holidays before I can start!

runningbadger...I'm in Missoula quite a bit as most of my adult children have moved there from home (Big Timber). Who knows...I might buy you a beer at Sean Kelly's the next time I'm up. :wink:
TomW

Tom, sound like a deal. :v I can almost always be found at the Harley dealership. I still want to go down to the Shilo Sharps Factory to see all the pretties.

Back