• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Callahan Bagmold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Revenant

32 Cal
Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience with Callahan Bagmolds?

I would like to get some traditional bagmolds, mostly for historical purposes. Having said that, I would like them to be of a high enough quality that I could cast and use the RB.

Has anyone got any experience with Callahan Bagmolds?

I would like to get some traditional bagmolds, mostly for historical purposes. Having said that, I would like them to be of a high enough quality that I could cast and use the RB.
Not an issue with Larry. Great quality. Keep in mind ordering from Larry has a few quirks to ensure accuracy of your order, pmt methods etc. But easy to work through. Get the lead spoon you use over a fire and look at his jags and other items. All quality work. Highly recommend. I have a 32 bag mold, lead melt spoon, and couple of jag ends for in my tool kit.

I also had a great experience with Larry. I ordered a .440 bag mold and it works great. Casts very accurate balls and no issue at all dealing with him.

I have. They are excellent quality, and make a nice round ball with no seems. I have purchased several of Larry's products directly from him at the CLA shows over the last couple of years. You can't go wrong.

I must admit, I was impressed by his range of mold sizes and the ability to order custom sizes.

The other manufacturer I came across only offered one size for each calibre, and the quality left a lot to be desired.

At the Hawken Classic, I went to his display and asked if he had either a 0.480 or a 0.485 to get a slightly smaller ball for my 50 caliber rifle to be used for the out of the pouch matches. He had a 0.482" mold. Now I have a 0.482 mold in my collection. I heartily recommend Larry's molds and I still can't get a discount as much as I try to influence the purchase of his molds.

I, too, have several of his bag molds, including a custom size and they work like a charm. In fact, I prefer using them versus my Lyman molds as they are so ea easy to use. I echo that the rest of his products are high quality as well and shipment is fast to boot. Great guy to do business with.

Does anybody of You folks know , if Larry is still in business ?

I`m eagerly looking for one of his bagmolds in .535 , but don't know , if I could and can order and have sent it to Germany ?

Every help is welcome !

enfield

Back