• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buying in Bulk?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave K

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I hope this is not hi jacking, but I have heard in the past about buying powder in bulk. I have never seen it sold that way, unless you are meaning by the case. But, I have heard of people buying it in a paper sack or something similar. Who and where can you buy it like that?

Dave K said:
I hope this is not hi jacking, but I have heard in the past about buying powder in bulk. I have never seen it sold that way, unless you are meaning by the case. But, I have heard of people buying it in a paper sack or something similar. Who and where can you buy it like that?

It can't be shipped by UPS, so you have to pick it up at a distributor. I've bought it(Goex) that was as it was a little less $, and I had empty cans to fill. The powder was in a plastic bag inside the cardboard box.

Thanks for the offer. I just never saw it in bulk. I do have a few pounds here to go through yet.

Dave K said:
Dave, I have personally bought 25lb bulk bags of Goex over the counter from the Goex distributor in Moscow, PA...its a normal offering that Goex has.
The loose powder is inside a strong plastic bag which is inside a strong Goex cardboard box...it can't be shipped that way, so it's local over the counter pickup only...a 25lb bulk box a couple years ago was $9.50 a pound out the door.

Our club got some Goex deliverd out to Oregon like that 10-15 years ago and we had saved our old cans and transferd it to individual cans, I do not recall who the vemndor was. One or two members bought for the whole club. I still save my old cans in case the situation repeats iteslf in the future.

Thanks, I'll give them a call.Last can I bought around here was 27$ and is not getting any cheaper.

roundball said:
The loose powder is inside a strong plastic bag which is inside a strong Goex cardboard box...it can't be shipped that way, so it's local over the counter pickup only...a 25lb bulk box a couple years ago was $9.50 a pound out the door.
LOL! Soooo, how does the distributor get it if it can't be shipped?? Sure wish I was closer to a distributor so I could get a boxed bag.

i get mine that way from fort chambers gun shop. in chambersburg pa. you have to call first so he can get it from his storage place because he does not keep it at the store.

Back