• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buffalo bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used Buffalo Bullets and R E A L bullets. The Buffs I had were what appeared to have the sides knurled. They were easy to lube. The same on Lee bullets. The Buff bullets were less fuss because you buy them ready to use. I used the powder load the same as my PRB loads. For me they were both accurate. Good luck.

Are you referring to bullets manufactured by Buffalo or just conical bullets? Buffalo went out of business didn't they?

Hello Eutycus, Buffalo Arms still has a web site but my recent visit there did not show the Ballets that I have. It was mostly round balls and some very heavy bullets. But their bullets were not pure lead. So maybe the ownership changed. It is too bad because the Ballets were a nice change from the R E A L bullets.

Last edited:
Buffalo You might try REAL bullets although I prefer round balls!
Nit Wit Bullets went under many years ago, I buy them when I see them at shows,

Are you referring to bullets manufactured by Buffalo or just conical bullets? Buffalo went out of business didn't they?
Yup. They sure did. Good bullets though. Shot them with a DP .45 Pennsylvania back when I still hunted. Personally, I found the cost prohibitive for target shooting.

we have been using hornady 50 cal .240 grain pa conicals in our flint locks with good accuracy . those whitetails cant tell the difference between them and a round ball. plus there already lubed and need no patch.

Hi Seabee Chief. Welcome to the forum.
Is DP a Pedersoli? The precise bore diameter, the rifling twist, depth of the grooves, width of the lands, length of the barrel, velocity achieved... it's all going to come into play in what bullet designs work for you.
Some fellas on this site consider round ball to be a sacrament (heh, and to some a holy relic), some are hunters, some ex-hunters, some target shooters, some are enthusiasts in various ways, some builders, some tinkerers, some pontiffs and some curmudgeons but collectively they are an awesome source of experience and information. I hope you enjoy the experience here.

Back