• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brewing Vinegar

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we talking about the same thing?

Tubatrix+aceti+General+Characteristics+%E2%80%93.+The+viegar+eel+is+a+tiny%2C+free-living+nematode+sometime+found+in+vinegar..jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbatrix_aceti

Last edited by a moderator:
I bottled my vinegar today....Poured off the liquid from the mother (saving it for another batch) Strained through a coffee filter and pasteurized....
Dandelion ginger ale vinegar....The dandelion comes through nicely on the nose.

lUyrVYI.jpg

I have a bottle of commercial wine with about a cup left in it....I'm going to dilute it 50%, then shake to aerate, and then pour it on top of the mother...
It's been opened for over a week so hopefully any sulfides have had time to dissipate.

My wine was free and I got about 5 gallons. I filtered and bottled the vinegar this morning. I used some old whiskey bottles I had saved over the last few years. I did label them so there wouldn't be a mix up at some point. :grin:

I filtered it through cheese cloth and then through a coffee filter. It has some cloud to it but not much. It is a nice light yellow color. It has a mild taste with a good vinegar bite.

My daughters are already putting dibs on which bottles they get. I still have about 1-2 gallons of wine left, so may go ahead and add the mother to it and start another batch.

I need to set up a photo share site and post some pictures. I'll see if I can get that done in the next day or two.

I'll second imgur...I've had good luck with it, and its easy to use and set up.

I'm sure imgur will end up like photobucket but until then it works...

You click on the icon 4 accross and one down that likes like pyramids with a sun, and place the link in their.

hy3ohEo.jpg

Also make sure you right click on the image and "copy image address"

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

It is a little hard to see things as I'm trying to post directly from my iPhone to avoid uploading the photos to the cloud or to my laptop.

I probably need to double click on the photo to get a "copy" option.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

It is a little hard to see things as I'm trying to post directly from my iPhone to avoid uploading the photos to the cloud or to my laptop.

Back