• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brass

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends. Most of the time I work it down to fine Scotchbrite, blend it with burlap, and then rub it down with a dirty cleaning patch the first time I shoot it. I might buff a little with the burlap to even the tone and repeat a few times until I get the well-used look I like, then just use it and wipe down with light oil or Ballistol when cleaning the grunge off of the stock from then on out. If you buff it with a wheel and compounds until it is a mirror, it looks terrible when it tarnishes. If you maintain the shine and wax it, it can look nice if you're into "bling".

I use Ballistol on the entire arm from muzzle to the brass butt stock. I pour a little Ballistol in a small cup, use a 1" chip brush, and paint the arm all over with Ballistol,
let set for at least an hour, overnight is best, then wipe and rub down the entire arm.
Good for the brown or bluing, the lock, the wood and the brass.

Like this

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I use Simichrome, generally on a felt wheel on my Foredom machine's handpiece. I also have various other polishing compounds for other metals.

Like many, I prefer to keep my brass sparkly.
Thumbs for simichrome one of if not the best chrome and brass polishes , like the rest of us I used brasso in the army the shine only looks good for a day and do not ever use it on cartridge brass , it has been shown to weaken it.
Brasso is messy dirty stuff if you try simichrome youi will be amazed at the difference in use and results, There is also Wenol better than Brasso.

Blitz

Back