• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder in East TN/ Southern KY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cratwelder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I live near Jellico, and am hoping, nay make that praying, that someone in east tn, or southern KY can tell me where to go buy black powder in person!! Do any shops carry it at all??

Thanks in advance

Not sure if this will help, I would try the BASS PRO SHOP in Sevierville . Ihave bought black powder at the Bass Pro Shop in Nashville . You won't see it on a shelf you have to ask for it at the gun counter, they will send someone to the back to get it out of the safeand hold it for you there............watch yer top knot...............

I have bought it 2 times in Memphis at Bass Pro, it is in the back of store, you have to ask for it. It costs way too much. It has been said on here before. Find a BP shooting club. Club buys cases and make a $1 a can. I buy it for $15 a lb in my club. I was at a shoot earlier this month in and the club there had it for $14 a lb. Bass Pro is more like $26-27 then tax. That hurts.

Thanks for the heads up on the BassPro....I would LOVE to know of a club within 100 miles of me....I would bloody well join it!!!!

If'n you know some...quit holdin out fellas

I buy it in Chilhowie,Va. don't know how far that is from you in East Tenn. Also Bass Proin Seiverville has it in the bac, ask for it.

Join the NMLRA. They list all their Charter clubs at least 3 times a year, giving locations and contact phone numbers. In other issues of Muzzle Blasts, they list all the State Representatives from the NMLRA, with names and phone numbers, and city/town where they live. You can call these people, and they can help you locate the nearest club, AND the nearest source of black powder.

Paul thanks for the advice, I di I am now a member and there is no charter club close to me but several field reps less than an hour from me. I plan on giving them a call and trying to find out some more on East Tn clubs.

Thanks a bunch.

Don't just look in Tennessee for clubs. You are close enough to a couple of other states that you should be considering them, too. I am sure that the Field Reps. will have a better idea where you can find a club. Almost all the field reps. are members of local charter clubs, too. Some of the clubs are not chartered, but still welcome new members.

( There was a major Rift at the NMLRA more than 20 years ago, and many of the older clubs split off from the NMLRA and still refuse to associate themselves with the organization. There were valid complaints against some of the folks who were leading the NMLRA back then, but a lot of bridges have been burned, instead of getting more involved in the organization, throwing the bad leaders out, and replacing them with good ones. We have seen a " Reversal of Fortune" at the NMLRA since, and the management is in much better shape. However, hurt feelings lead to long memories, and the NMLRA is still trying to rebuild.)

Back