• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Online source for just one pound of fffg black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsh trapper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Ive been wanting to try some swiss FFFG powder and thought about buying just a single pound online but every website has a minimum of 4-5 pounds per order . And i already have a ton of goex and sheutzen , just wanted one pound to try. Also i should add noone in my area carrys any powder . I am hours away from nearest place , hence online ordering. Hoping theres a place im missing . Also noone i know or in area shoots so there goes a group buy LOL..

Last edited:
Powder Valley has no minimums. That said; there's no way I'd order a single pound unless you catch their no hazmat event. The hazmat fee is more than a pound of Schutzen, and 75% of the cost of a pound of Swiss. It would be wise to buy a bunch at once. It doesn't go bad, it doesn't get any cheaper, and even if it isn't the best at what you need it isn't going to "not work".

There are regional forums down below... when I first joined, I posted and was able to find someone else local to me that wanted a pound ... I wanted two... got with another buddy of mine who reloads and he added some powder... ended up ordering 10lbs of various powders, split the hazmat/shipping 3 ways, worked out well. Who knows, you may get a new shootin' buddy out of the deal as well...

Ive been wanting to try some swiss FFFG powder and thought about buying just a single pound online but every website has a minimum of 4-5 pounds per order . And i already have a ton of goex and sheutzen , just wanted one pound to try. Also i should add noone in my area carrys any powder . I am hours away from nearest place , hence online ordering. Hoping theres a place im missing . Also noone i know or in area shoots so there goes a group buy LOL..
You can always try to plan a quick weekend trip up to dixons in PA! Not a terrible drive from eastern Maryland, plus a lot more to see in the shop than just some powder!

You can always try to plan a quick weekend trip up to dixons in PA! Not a terrible drive from eastern Maryland, plus a lot more to see in the shop than just some powder!
I don’t think Dixions carry Swiss just Goex from the last time I was there in the summer that just passed in July and I am not sure if they even had that yet.

That’s good to know that they have powder in stock. The OP should be able to grab a pound now to test with.

Latest posts

Back