• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bear grease or oil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jr campbell

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I would like to try one or the other for gun lube and patch lube.Where can I get some to try?I don't know anyone who bear hunts.

Sounds like a good time to shoot a bear?

I have some bear grease gifted to me and it is pretty good stuff. Still working out if I prefer it or not but it does a good job so far and I like the results I am getting.

Keep your ears open and put out the word in your circles maybe someone has a friend or a cousin who recently shot a bear.

Its my favorite patch lube. All my guns shoot it well. I dont know where to tell you to get any though. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

Check with your local wild game butcher shop. They may be willing to set bear fat aside for you.

Tnblackdog said:
They are out of stock
really? here, and finding one "link" is "out of stock" is the best you can do for a search for your original quest?
You can't seriously expect us to believe that.
Want a list? I could give you a few google search links,,PM me.
Or are you just fishing for real bear grease/bear oil experience?

look to your right. see the amazon add that says you can support this forum? Follow that to amazon then search "Bear Guard Original"

Latest posts

Back