• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bass Pro Requires ID Photocopy to Buy BP!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've purchased powder from Bass Pro here in the "Free State" over the years and every time they have taken my DL, photo copied and sold the powder to me. Local shops will take down the information and put it in a log book in front of me (sometimes) and then sell the powder. It seemed at the time to be company policy.

Adui said:
:eek:ff
Boomerang said:
BP is getting ridiculously expensive. Back in the 70's we could get it for a buck a pound. Now it is 20 or more times that and I can go through a pound a week. :shocked2:
and in 1975 the median income was 12,686;
Actually I lernt sumthin with this rant.
Exactly, but I don't make 20 times that now! :(

Boomerang said:
BP is getting ridiculously expensive. Back in the 70's we could get it for a buck a pound. Now it is 20 or more times that and I can go through a pound a week. :shocked2:

Have you priced it at Friendship? The last time I was there back in 2010 it was significantly less than $20 per pound for Goex. I don't know what it is going for now but you can bet your boots it will be less than you can get for elsewere. Of course, you do have to be an NMLRA member to buy it there. But, if you shoot muzzleloaders, you should be an NMLRA member anyway.

IMHO no big deal. If you are so paranoid why are you posting on a FIREARMS site.

I am on so many lists for the .GOV, NFA, Firearms Manufacture , Firearms dealer, Former Firefighter, Former Deputy Sheriff, been to many Federal sourced bomb and fire courses, Federal academy on Arson.

Paranoid nope! I depend on the feds being incompetent to me as their agents have shown to me 1980-1999. Glad I am retired however.

Back