• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Army San Marco Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klaus

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Dear Gent`s

this will be a question for you experienced members because my issue will go back in the 1980 th`s. What do i have here and did there exist any similar Rifles at your side and maybe some information about it.
I found a Armi San Marco Hawken at German E-Gun Portal for a quick buy option.
The pictures provided for this Gun told me a first impression ,it seems to be hopefully to get a good buy.
After the Rifle arrived i was really amazed because the Rifle is near mint condition and was never shoot.
I disassemble the Gun and found nothing to claim.
No rust under the Barrel and a bright and shiny bore with 8 deep groves.Mhhh .... :hmm:
after some times of inspection and turn it around from one side to the other i discover my new rifle is very similar to my Uberti Santa Fe Hawken.
The Part around the Nipple the mussleform are the same,the Double Set Trigger,the Look are the same. Nipple the same too.
All this Parts are compatible like a drop in Barrel.
So i doublecheck if there are any hint on the Barrel for Uberti marks but this search are negative. Armi San Marco Gardone val Trompia was written on the Barrel.
I remember me that in an old Hege Uberti Cataloge i have had my own back for a lot of Years the sold a St. Louis Rifle and this seems to be the same as the ASM Hawken. The Trigger Guard are different a bit only.
Pictures will follow soon.

May you have any Info about this Hawken.

thx for Info

Klaus from Germany :hatsoff:

Klaus, tell us the letter code, also stamped on the barrel in a little square cartouche, and we can tell you exactly how old it.

tac

sorry for waiting,

herby some pics from my Army San Marco Hawken.
In time between a talked to a friend of mine who was experienced with Hawken Rifles and their Replicas. He told that a lot of Replica Makers back in the 70th and 80th changed and used different parts to buildt there Weapons.
In my case it seems that i got luck because most parts are from HEGE Uberti :thumbsup:

pics below

001_zps54bqibo6.jpg

006_zps1668c9jj.jpg

005_zpsh9po9tlz.jpg

004_zpswscv3bl3.jpg

003_zpsmwyvg4mx.jpg

002_zpssylu5uep.jpg

any other Armi San Marco Owners out there

Klaus :hatsoff:

Back