• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ardesa Hawken Woodsman

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of cost, I notice that there is a large difference in price.

The Suiza (Swiss) powder is about 10 % more powerful and makes less fouling.

The less expensive powder will be almost as good.

In Spain everything about guns is very expensive and we have very strict rules for the possession and use of these.

Avan.

Oscar, I didn't get the chance to welcome you your first day on the Forum...Bienvenudo!:hatsoff:

I see that you have been very busy here, and are learning much. You are a most welcome addition to the Forum.

Many of us are already looking forward to hearing the accounts of your muzzleloading shooting experiences, and your hunting tales!

And your English is way better than my "Spanish". :haha:

Thank you for your welcome ... the truth is that I am very comfortable in this forum, the atmosphere is very good and it shows that the forum members get along.

As for shooting with the Hawken as it will be a long process simply a matter of budget and I have to first save for the gun and then for the other components (powder, shells, pistons, etc ...). But I will comment my progress.

And about my English ... well for myself I am only able to make simple sentences, to write long and complex paragraphs I use the Google translator, which is not very accurate but serves to understand.

Regards

Avan.

Hello and sorry for taking so long without writing, between work and studies do not usually spend much time online. Finally I bought a G4 Ardesa Pursuit, even I have to throw gunpowder and entertainment I will shoot wrapped cotton ball and greased. Gunpowder is 3 fff Spanish. I will use for shooting training at most 60 grains of gunpowder and I bought this ball of .490; I can not tell you the weight because I have not weighed. Here some pictures of rifle, though I know you already know. Sadly; The rifle is the brand Traditions that fails to have the quality of other brands such as T / C or CVA, but I'm not going to give the rifle intensive. I hope that the rifle is to your liking.

Cordially

Avan

20160104_192632.jpg

20160104_192616.jpg

20160104_192210.jpg

20160104_193037.jpg

As I said I have also bought gunpowder, pistons, patches to wrap balls and balls. Really and I can only buy a funnel with extension tubes to take heavy doses of powder, a stick of aluminum or brass to avoid damaging the one with the rifle, and cleaning supplies (solvent, gun oil and cleaning patches ). Finally, and shooting. To go hunting when I buy bullets sabots and adequate although Spain are somewhat expensive.

Link

Regards

Avan.

PS: Please click the link.

Save your money and forget the "solvent".

Plain water works very well at removing black powder fouling all by itself.
If you have used a greasy or oily lube for shooting the patched ball, add a little soap to the water.

That is about all the expensive "solvents" are anyway.

Now, to the problem I see.

This is a "Traditional" muzzleloading site.
The rifle you have shown is what we would call a modern "In Line" action rather than a sidelock, Mule ear, or underhammer like the guns that were used before 1866.

Our forum rules forbid discussing "In Line" guns.

On the + side, just about anything that applies to shooting a traditional gun will work with the gun you have.

Thanks for the advice and I'm sorry, I just wanted to explain that in the end I decided on the purchase of a modern inline. I will not mention such weapons on site. Surely the time I bought a muzzle-loading weapon is a classic (well a copy of a classic).

Thanks

Avan.

Latest posts

Back