• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone else chomping at the bit for the Kibler smoothbore?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for that one also.
I turn 60 at the end of January 2025.
My wife said that, that would be my birthday gift....
Hope Jim has available by then..
Yep, I’m really surprised that the Fowler isn’t out yet. Shouldn’t be too much longer.

The wait is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I intend to use mine as an upland/bunny/turkey gun.

I have always been interested in Chambers PA fowler, but I think the wait is almost over for the Kibler, maybe two more months?
I’m pretty excited! I have a Jackie brown fowling piece, that I reworked, to play with until then. It’ll be up for sale pretty soon though.

I'd be interested in one. Don't own a.smoothbore. is it supposed to be an English style.fowler?
When I talked to Mr Kibler at a show in Ohio in 2020 he said he was leaning strongly towards copying the Wilson Fowler in ‘Of Sorts for Provincials’.

ETA: I see he posted a few months back that he has studied many export grade originals to base his on.

Last edited:
Hopefully the barrel walls on his fowler/trade gun are THIN and the gun is LIGHT, as were the originals.

So many reproductions have thick, heavy barrels that balance and handle nothing like the original guns had, instead having barrel walls thicker than most muskets of the period.

Hopefully the barrel walls on his fowler/trade gun are THIN and the gun is LIGHT, as were the originals.

So many reproductions have thick, heavy barrels that balance and handle nothing like the original guns had, instead having barrel walls thicker than most muskets of the period.
My repopped trade gun with the Colrain barrel in 20 bore is lucky if its barely over 6lbs.

Agree, but any increased heft is largely a legal/liability issue. Have to thank the lawyers for it.

As I recall he has said that the plan is for a 16 gauge and a 20 gauge each with the same barrel profile. This likely means the 16 ga will be lighter than the 20 gauge.

Back