• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

any idea who made this lock? marked with H H

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had it a while? It may be LC Rice's new lock. HH is the lock assembler, not the House Bros. :rolleyes:
i got it in a lot of 4 locks from a member here about a month ago, Mike.
two small Silers, one sitting fox and the HH.
was pretty sure it wasn't one of Herchel's.
i guess it really doesn't matter who built it. just another build to keep me alive.

Can you post the dimensions? Thanks
yeah i can. as soon as the coffee hits my brain.
just to slow down the hysteria about the main spring breaking i honed the thing last night. all the marks that led folks to think it flawed disappeared.
speaking about main springs, does anyone know what spring Doc Haddaway used? that one did break. my fault. brand new old stock and i full cocked it without training it first. exploded like glass.

Sorry. From the light reflection and porosity marks the plate looks unfinished.
i apologize for being snippy. i took those pictures with my phone camera. in the current market my phone is classified as antique. so am i i guess.
the only unpolished internal parts on that are the main spring and the machined bolster. if i live long enough to use it in a build i will clean the whole thing up. polishing metal is my least favorite part of a build. would rather wash dishes!
thank you for your input . DeerstalkerT

Back