• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Tennessee Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogwalking

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I certainly am not in the same class with many of you who build the wonderful carved and engraved guns, but I have been building for quite a few years, and enjoy the craft very much. This is the first Tennessee rifle I have built since the old Dixie Gun Works precarves in 1967. We built them back then because they were cheap and available. This one has a grade 6 red maple stock from Dunlap's, Rice Southern Classic .40 barrel, Chamber's Late Ketland lock, and plain old TOW iron furniture. The front sight is home made since no one makes one with a blade thick enough for me to see. I am giving my rifles to the grandchildren as I have been blessed with eight, so far.

Oh yes, she shoots quite well.
Thanks for looking.
Frog

I really like it! Ironically, I am just started a similar build, I call my bargain basement build. I am using with a 13/16 GM .40 barrel I picked up new off ebay for $75, a new Chambers late Ketland lock(can't scrimp on the lock)a cherry stock blank I cut from a tornado damaged tree, and furniture a friend is helping me forge. I will have a little over $200 in the build which lends its self well to the bargain basement idea.

Hey that is my kind of gun ,it's great and something to be proud of,good job.

That is a very nice clean looking build. Great Job :thumbsup:

This side looks great. :hatsoff: Lets see the other side of the rifle.

Nice looking work.

Keith Lisle

galamb, take a closer look at that stock blank it is a pretty amazing looking blank,and is and amazing looking rifle no bargain basement stuff here,great job,wish i had one like it.

Sweet, like a good looking woman, just want to take her in your arms and hold her close. :thumbsup:

Everyone likes fancy rifles.
But, a well done plain rifle has a very seductive beauty all it's own. Just like a woman who doesn't need makeup to look beautiful. If yer rifle were a woman, I would covet her. :wink: Well done. :applause:

Back