• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Lyman GPR comment/question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakimaman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My last Lyman GPR was over 15 years ago - I ordered it and when I took it out of the box I thought "what the H###!" The factory cut a notch in the underbarrel rib and put in a leaf spring, with a screw, just to keep the ramrod from falling out. I hated it and called the US warranty place (Beauchamp I believe)and he agreed, told me to send him the bbl as he had an uncut rib in the shop. I did so and was happy with the gun but eventually sold it to move on to something else. Now that I'm back into BP I wouldn't mind having another but I see the engineers at Lyman are still cutting the rib and putting that stupid looking spring in there. Why ruin the lines of one of the better Hawken replicas with something like that? I can't believe they couldn't come up with a better way to secure the ramrod. manure, a flat toothpick and two drops of Elmers in the ramrod channel would do it. Just can't make myself buy one with that cutout.

Yeah I do not consider it the high point of my rifle but I see a whole lot more of posts about ram rods falling out than I do anti spring posts. I guess they are playing the odds! Geo. T.

I thought I was the only one who ever even noticed the stupid spring. IMHO, It's an abomination, uneccessary and they should get rid of it. :barf:

:surrender:

it could always be worse! they could ahve stuck hello kitty stickers on it ....orits still not as bad as putting fully adjustable modern sights on it ...(t/c) ...cough cough

Back