• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

After a long "sebatical", I'm adding another cap and ball...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac Spring

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I ordered an 1860 "sheriff's" model from Cabelas. I couldn't resist the sale price - $189. So, its on its way. This is a Pieta 5 1/2" barrel'd 1860 (44 cal of course). Should be fun to shoot.

I purchased my current standard 8" barreled 1860 from them (Pieta) many years ago and its given good service. The current reviews there are all very postive too.

BP pistols are like that certain brand of tater chips--"you can't have just one".--Welcome to the more than one club :hatsoff: .

I have the 1851 sheriff in 44 and like it very much. I Load it with 30 grains of pyrodex P and am very happy with its performance. Congrats on your new purchase, it always fun waiting for the big brown truck.

Don :thumbsup:

If you've had a very long "sebatical" you might find the quality and improvements are impressive over the earlier examples.

I try to vaccinate myself every couple of months or so I don't come down with the sebatical. Thats one thing I don't want.

Be sure and let us all know how she shoots. :thumbsup:

Joe

Back