• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

About Selling Books

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of the speculation about Libraries and certain types of books depends on the area you're in, A few years back I had a very large collection of books on the civil war. With a lot of the books devoted to the arms and equipment used, Called the local library told them what I had, and they were happy to get them.
I truly hope they actually added them to the collection. Did you check later to see if they were in the collection?

Libraries and schools are now run by gun haters. They will gladly take your stuff and destroy it.

Museums they have limited display space. Most items never sees the light of day. IN every instance where somebody I knew donated or loaned artifacts to a museum, the items disappeared. IF you try to make them sign papers, to not sell, or actually display items they will refuse to accept the items.

One friend loaned Joaquin Murrieta's Colt revolver to a museum in Monterey CA. When he checked back later it was gone. It was stolen by the staff or outright destroyed. Another friend had several antique firearms that he donated to a museum in Oklahoma. He call me all proud of himself. I suggested he call and see what they planned to do with the guns. They were honest and told him they were going to sell them. He had them shipped back to him.

I strongly suggest seeking out private collectors if you want your possessions to be appreciate by someone. We come from a world that is now gone. Our sensibilities are no linger mainstream.

Sorry to be a downer.

I truly hope they actually added them to the collection. Did you check later to see if they were in the collection?

Libraries and schools are now run by gun haters. They will gladly take your stuff and destroy it.

Museums they have limited display space. Most items never sees the light of day. IN every instance where somebody I knew donated or loaned artifacts to a museum, the items disappeared. IF you try to make them sign papers, to not sell, or actually display items they will refuse to accept the items.

One friend loaned Joaquin Murrieta's Colt revolver to a museum in Monterey CA. When he checked back later it was gone. It was stolen by the staff or outright destroyed. Another friend had several antique firearms that he donated to a museum in Oklahoma. He call me all proud of himself. I suggested he call and see what they planned to do with the guns. They were honest and told him they were going to sell them. He had them shipped back to him.

I strongly suggest seeking out private collectors if you want your possessions to be appreciate by someone. We come from a world that is now gone. Our sensibilities are no linger mainstream.

Sorry to be a downer.
I like picture books so I can measure and copy some of the guns.

One of my friends died this past winter, and the estate is dealing with selling the books. Doing them one at a time is a no-go, as he also had a library of at least a thousand books, many first edition historical reference. They have pretty much decided they are going to turn them over to a professional Ebay seller who takes a cut, so they can be quickly sold, rather than dragging it out for another year. Let the market set the price. I've been selling off much of my collection so my family doesn't need to deal with them.

I would suggest donating to a war museum such as soldiers and sailors museum in Pittsburgh. I don’t believe they would sell or destroy any historical firearms but I would check first.

Back