• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 TC Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8905c

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up a .54 TC Hawken at a gun show a few weeks ago for $100. The gun was not well cared for, but suprisingly, the bore is very good. Lots of marks/gouges in the stock.
I am just wondering if a barrel from a Renegade fit my Hawken? I realize the Renegade barrel is shorter, but didn't know if the barrel lug lined up, etc.
8905c

Measure across the barrel flats.
From one side to the other.
T/C makes 15/16" barrels and 1" barrels.
Renegades are 1"

8905c,Yes the Renegade barrels will fit your Hawken stock.You are lucky because the .54 Hawken is 1" across the flats and all other Hawken calibers are 15/16 across the flats.All Renegade calibers are 1" across the flats.A Renegade barrel will fit your Hawken stock, barrel lugs and keys should fit fine.Barrel rib may have gap or need a little trimming.

TC made 40, 45, 50 & 54 cal; 1:48 and 1:66 twists; some with the QLA, in percussion and flint for Hawken models in 15/16th but the 54 is 1 inch.

TC made 50, 54, 56 and 58 cal; 1:38, 1:48 and 1:66 twists and smooth bore in percussion and flint for Renegade models All in 1 inch.

I imagine there are more out there that I have not come across. Partly because you don't know if anyone has switched them or had a barrel made or some such other. I think they all interchange but I have not tried them all for sure, as long as the barrel channel is the same.

The only problem I've ever had swapping barrels was in the hooked breach, had to trim a Hawken hook just a tad to have it drop in my Renegade. Once that's settled you can swap at will.

Back