• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tom.
Very true about a slow day in the woods.
We'll see what tomorrow brings. Crockett Rifle is leaning in the kitchen corner, bag double checked.. Ready to try again..
3 1/2 round trip, a new Flintlock Rifle..
Not bad, not bad at all.

Take Care Stay Safe
Hope I don't get mad at it and huck it down range. Totally new animal for me.

Thanks Tom.
Very true about a slow day in the woods.
We'll see what tomorrow brings. Crockett Rifle is leaning in the kitchen corner, bag double checked.. Ready to try again..
3 1/2 round trip, a new Flintlock Rifle..
Not bad, not bad at all.

Take Care Stay Safe
Givem hell Fred. Start thinking of recipes!

I’m sure you’ll get it figured out fast like.
I have to admit, I'm kinda looking forward to trying it out. Still very much into my cap guns. Really enjoy shooting my Crockett. I did follow your lead and ordered a new nipple for her .

Weather man says it might be worthwhile for me to get into the squirrel woods this coming Monday. Probably taking the New Englander 12 again as the squirrel hunting pack is ready to go with speed loaders and other required items.

Attachments

• IMG_20240203_124313030.jpg
    IMG_20240203_124313030.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Glad you got out Fred. At least you had some action. Id rather be in the woods and have a slow day than be at home😉. I was going to go today, but I wound up making a 3 1/2 hour round trip to pick up a flintlock rifle.
So, where are the pictures?

So, where are the pictures?
Only the one. Nothing fancy. Fella I bought it from said he may have fired 10 shots from her. Still has the original flint from the box when he got her. I still need to get a few accouterments before I can have her talk to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20240203_121348703.jpg
    IMG_20240203_121348703.jpg
    975 KB · Views: 0
Weather man says it might be worthwhile for me to get into the squirrel woods this coming Monday. Probably taking the New Englander 12 again as the squirrel hunting pack is ready to go with speed loaders and other required items.
Ed, Fred. Did youins get your patches?

Ed, Fred. Did youins get your patches?
Tom. I did receive my patch.
I really like it.
It means a lot to me.
I believe I'm going to sew it on the hat, I wear when I'm hunting.
Like your Flintlock. Take your time with it, you'll get the hang of it, and love it.

Thanks again.

Take Care Stay Safe

Fred

Fella’s the squirrels were certainly out here today. Saw quite a few out and about all day long. Sunny and about 60*.

Man oh man do I ever want to be out there hunting.
I was out fir about 3 hrs and saw a few woodpeckers, and a couple hawks.
No squirrels..
Weather was beautiful.
Supposed to storm tomorrow.
Next time, I recon.

Take Care Stay Safe

Yes I did, Tom. Logged on to tell you thank you. I love it. I like the board of directors thing. LOL.
It’s going on my hunting vest soon as I get one.
Good deal bud. I came across those and there were 3 left. It was a no brainer lol. I put some Velcro on the back of mine and slapped it on my hunting bag.

Tom. I did receive my patch.
I really like it.
It means a lot to me.
I believe I'm going to sew it on the hat, I wear when I'm hunting.
Like your Flintlock. Take your time with it, you'll get the hang of it, and love it.

Thanks again.

Take Care Stay Safe

Fred
Good deal Fred. Maybe it'll bring you luck. I hope I take to it. I think I'll miss my Crockett when I take it to the woods. That thing is heavy.

Fella’s the squirrels were certainly out here today. Saw quite a few out and about all day long. Sunny and about 60*.

Man oh man do I ever want to be out there hunting.
Spring is right around the corner brother. I was filling the feeders this morning and watching from the kitchen window having my coffee, they were hitting the feeders in force.

Spring is right around the corner brother. I was filling the feeders this morning and watching from the kitchen window having my coffee, they were hitting the feeders in force.
Indeed. Looking at 103 days remaining here until spring squirrel season, but who’s counting?

Yesterday I saw a squirrel come out of a hole in a tree and attack another squirrel that had slipped his nose in there. Not sure if the defender was a female guarding her nest or perhaps she wasn’t ready yet. Don’t even know if it was a female defender. But whatever it was sure put that other squirrel down that tree in a hurry. I didn’t even know there was a den in that tree, which is only abut 35 yards out back of my house.

I also saw two squirrels go up to the top of another tree that has a drey up there. They both had something in their mouths and they both went inside.

My research shows there could be a couple reasons for both actions I saw. So, this ole boy is still trying to put all of this squirrel world stuff together. I do a lot of sitting and observing especially while recovering from this darn knee replacement issue.

Sometimes I sits, sometimes I thinks, and sometimes I just sits and thinks. 😁

Last edited:
Back