• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st try

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belive it or not ,that is at my house, however , I need to use the equipment to make a living, wich normally takes all of my time.This is the first time that I'm making something for me in many years.

Sweet setup. Protect your things, tweakers broke into my garage in Oregon and sole lots of stuff. I really miss my precision set up and measuring tools.

steve

Well it sure looks like you know what it is that
you are'a doin. Looking really good. Please keep posting.
Cheers Bob Reader

Just curious, did you make the minature to the left? If so I'm really impressed :shocked2: :shocked2: ...Bud

No , that is just my lighter! :haha: Though I must say that the thought cross my mind.A miniature wildcat .17 based on a .22short necked down to .17.But that would be another day and another forum :wink:

I have to put this in the back burner for a couple of days to work on the stuff that pays the bills.So the updates will come later, but here you have another one.
HPIM2239.jpg

The reason I retired from tool room work was I do not know CNC machines. I guess I am a dinosaur I still play with my manual machines but computerised machines are not for me!

I work with CNC making helicopter and aerospace parts. I would love to have a weekend of free use of one of the 5 axis machines. I would also need a bit of help from one of the programmers too. I love those machines.

I'm new to cnc.When I bought the machine 6 years ago, I didn't know how to turn it on.6 month later I bought Cimatron (CAD software) and with it my first ever computer.Before that everything was manual machines for me and blueprints .It takes time to learn, but is not that complicated, it is just another machine just like the others.Don't let any one tell you any diferent. :grin:

is any of it done by hand? Like with hand tools? or is the design, cutting etc., all done by the machine?

The only thing done on the cnc was the lid for the patch box, and only the dovetail.The reson , if you have done one, is that you save a few hours + the agravation and the swearing.
Everything else was done by hand, exept the drilling for wich I used the manual mill.
I just finished putting the sigths in by hand , even though it could have been done 10 times faster on the mill, I just felt like it :idunno:

You mean like this?
HPIM2308.jpg

I'm very close to done.I'll post more pics when is finished :grin:

Back