• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st shot from my NSW trade gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hallmark55

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello fellas,
Been away a while and kinda busy, but, I got my NSW trade gun finally up to the "In the White" stage. Took it out to the range on Friday and had me a real good time getting used to the gun. Hope this poor quality video works.
Big thanks goes out to Matt for all the help and words of encouragement.

You gotta post more pictures, from the video it looks to be very slim and slender, would love to see more of it.

Thank ya sir, I will be posting more photos after I get the gun sanded down a bit more and stained. I will be out of the country for the next few weeks ( that silly work thing) so please be patient with me. In the meantime, I am gonna play some more and get her dialed in. Surely is a good time shooting though.

1stTradeGunbuild.jpg

Ok, this is how she looked before I took it out and started shooting. Still got sanding, staining, and browning to do, but, what a boatload of fun to build and shoot.

Thanks, looks nice and slim there.

Have one more project to finish up then I can get hot on my Trade Gun.

Very nice! And best of luck with it. Can't wait to see pics of it finished. I have my Type D in the white today and will put up some pics in the next few days before I do the final finish work.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

It's looking fine, that's for sure. What are the specifics and did you get it as a kit or in-the-white?

hanshi,
This here is a 20 guage northwest trade gun. 36 inch barrel. ordered as a kit from North Star West. I am a real beginner at this hobby but Matt was always available to answer questions and give pointers. I am at the sighting in stage now, and will sand, stain and brown during my next days off. I cut the stock down to 13-3/8 " LOP and this gun lays in like nothing I have ever shot before. Bounching between 60 and 70 grains of 3F and playing with different ball sizes, patch, no patch, just getting to know the gun and basically having a real good time playin with the new favorite.

You kinda tipped the scales for me, Hawkin Fan. I'm beginning to see a NSW gun in my future. I'll go the kit route and do some learning at the same time. I think you're having too much fun. :nono:

Hanshi,
You would not go wrong givin Matt a call. I am havin so much fun, the little lady has already said yes for #2 :grin: :grin:
Course, I am down in South America doing my other job, but as sure as it snows in the rockies, # 2 will soon be on it's way

Looks like a nice gun :thumbsup: Thanks for posting the pics. I`m interested in any and all trade gun talk and pics as I have a Northwest gun in the works myself. Got my barrel and stock last week and my lock and some of the other parts should be here any day now. I`ve been getting my parts a few at a time as my funds allow. It`ll probably be winter befor I have the time to get going with the build.

Back