• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

18th century Smoothbore lifespan

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I truly WISH that I believed you to be correct. - SADLY, I believe that IF we had a large war that couldn't be handled by our current force that we would have a MESS that would make the worst of the ANTI-RVN WAR protests look mild.

yours, satx

Well as far as I ever read, and I haven’t researched it, but they were British guns. However I am put in mind of the WBTS that tends to talk about US guns and English, but you have to start looking for it until you find out about the other guns that came in.

Virtually anything that would fire was generally "snapped-up" by the Unionists or the CSA & mostly used for some purpose in support of the war effort.
(Some firearms were determined to be essentially useless & were stored away for future possible use.)

yours, satx

satx78247 said:
I truly WISH that I believed you to be correct. - SADLY, I believe that IF we had a large war that couldn't be handled by our current force that we would have a MESS that would make the worst of the ANTI-RVN WAR protests look mild.

yours, satx

Well you may be right but the real fear would be the slime balls left behind with our sons girlfriends or wifes :shake: Back in the day a judge would give a dumb arse kid a choice, join the marines or do 2 years. MANY young men were straightened right out, and not by the mean ol drill instructor but by their peers. These days the weaponry is so technologically advanced ya gotta be able to think to get in any branch and they have even capped tattoo's etc. Us old guys might have to get involved, "thats why I have so many muskets dear, national security" :rotf: She actually always brings up I could not compete in todays world and has not said I cant buy an AR but I DONT WANT ONE :idunno:

That’s true, but you have to look to find out, it’s not in most history books. A had also been ”˜in to ml and history” for a long time and was surprised to learn how many German and Spanish muskets made it in to the AWI. In the 70s it was all Charlies and besses.
Ofcorse I was about 25 when I noticed that James town was older then Plymouth... I remeber thinking it was a misprint, every one knew the pilgrims got here first.

You are CORRECT.
Furthermore the FIRST THANKSGIVING was celebrated in (what today is) EL PASO COUNTY, TEXAS, over a century before there were Pilgrims.

yours, satx

Yup, we get so much of one story ”˜history’ and ignore all around it.
1066-Hastings, well that and a whole lot more.
D-day- market garden- bulge- German surrender, well a lot happened in the dashes.
WTBS Gettysburg- Widerness, I think the feds and rebels just didn’t go to sleep for 9 mo, but you have to dig for it.

Back