• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Journal of the Early Americas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt denison

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Is anyone currently getting this relitively new magazine? I went to their website and so far looks pretty good. A friend said I should check it out. Another friend said that after seeing two issues he is thinking of subscribing it is so good.

Anybody got any input?

A very good magazine Dog. Heavy slick paper, most or all photos in color. Minimum of adds, and all adds are living history related. Excellent very well written articles. Even some how to's. I was not disappointed.

I am a subscriber. Unlike most magazines that start out as a newspaper-like black and white, and slowly work up to a color magazine, this one took off in full glossy color right from the start. The staff is attending various reenactments, etc. at forts and events to promote the magazine.

The articles are very high quality, annoted with footnote sources, well illustrated. My only concern is that most all the articles are currently written by their staff and they will need to ramp up their contributing writers over time so they don't burn out. But the magazine is growing subscribers fast and I think they will do fine.

If you are into reenacting or good historic information you can't go wrong with a subscription. If you subscribe you can get the back issues and have the full set(I think they are issuing their 5th magazine right now?)

They are currently out of Volume 1 (ran out last week at CLA). They will need at least a batch of 1000 to go back to the printer (I asked if a new run would be made)...

Back