• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Took my son shooting today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulmarcone

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Today I took my 9 year old son and his friend shooting today. They shot my Colt Navy Sheriff revolver. It was my son's second time shooting and his friend's first time.

They did really well (see link to pic below - my son is on the right).

All shots were from 25 yards, seated. For them I used 15 grains of Goex FFFG, wonder wad and a Hornady .457 ball.

Great day!! And I think my boy is hooked on the blackpowder!

Link

Thanks! I had a great time too! They really did well. Looking forward to more time at the range with my son (and my daughters!)

Took my son back to the range this afternoon. Today he was shooting my Pietta 1851 Colt Navy. He did really well (see shot below).

All shots were from 25 yards, sitting down. For him I used 15 grains of Goex FFFG, wonder wad and a .376 round ball.

I think he's hooked!!

:wink:

Link

Out standing!! I am glad he is hooked.. Very few kids these days havent a clue as to how shooting was an art form.. 'specially since kids and guns are so taboo these days.. Ooooooh! Good on you :thumbsup:

Back