• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

christmas present!!!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silent sniper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
well this is what I got for christmas a T/C flintlock hawken with the new touchhole liner and fiber optic sights. it was 200 bucks. it is pretty much brand new. only shot a couple times.
DSCF0355.jpg

DSCF0356.jpg

DSCF0357.jpg

DSCF0358.jpg

this is my dads christmas present. a T/C 50 cal white mountain carbine. this one is also pretty much brand new. it was also 200 bucks.
DSCF0361.jpg

DSCF0362.jpg

DSCF0363.jpg

DSCF0364.jpg
what do you guys think ? were they good deals ???

:thumbsup: Looks like Santa was good to you both. :hatsoff: You did all right.

Good deals???? You've got to be kidding. Better get rid of them fast before the shine wears off. How does $75 profit on each one sound? :wink:

Excellent deals, congratulations!

Some information...you Dad will want the new style vent liner as well.
Your Hawken has the improved / redesigned Flint lock assembly on it.
The WMC has the old style lock on it.
(ie: note the differences of the hammer assemblies between the two locks)

The older style locks were prone to wear out flints with a fairly short flint life, occasionally shattering them...and that was fixed by the redesign of the lock assembly.

An additional note about T/C locks is that they give their best performance with Tom Fuller black english flints, sized 3/4" wide x 7/8" long.

You have a lot of fun ahead of you...let us know if we can help

You did good on both deals! I just bought a T/C Hawken at the last gun show I sold at. I paid $300 for it and was pleased. I need to take lessons from you! :rotf:

that looks great you one lucky person I wish that I could find some deals like that
merry Christmas
Gung

Hello from Germany!

Indeed very nice presents! No that you both are furnished go out and huntor do some target practice.

Regards

Kirrmeister

A great present. One of the side effects that I have noticed with the popularity of the inline muzzleloader craze is that there are a lot of traditional muzzleloaders on the used gun market at a discount price. My friend's shop has two TC New Englanders at $150 a peice.

TC makes a good safe accurate gun that is almost idiot proof. IMHO it is the best starter gun in the market. I often wish that I still had my .50 TC that I traded off years ago.

Many Klatch

silent sniper,
You and your dad did very well!IMHO But I have a feeling you knew that :wink:
snake-eyes :applause:

Two GREAT deals! I had the White mountain carbine caplock, and with the fast twist barrel it was an excellent conical shooter, and got a great group out to 50 yd's with round ball.

Might want to change out those fiber optic things to iron :grin:

My first muzzleloader as that T/C flint hawken model. Its a shooter. You'll like it. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back