• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nifeman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Fellers, Miss Tudy has been lookin' on the computer ant found 2 of the neatest items I've seen in a while.
First, she bought a pair of "calf shears" from a woman or at least that's what she thought she had. Come to realize that they were actually scissors, forged by Ebenezer Bishop in the late 1700's!! They measure about 5 1/2" long and are in very good shape. From what we've read, his things are extremely rare. He also made buggy whips.
Second, she got a oval tinderbox with a patent date of Jan. 02, 1860. That still has some of the original paint on it. That woman said she had an old box for sale and there was some written on it. It measures 5" long and 3 1/2" by 1 1/2"deep.
Just know that I am really tickled with both early Christmas gifts. She's quite a woman, that Miss Tudy

congats on the great finds!! :thumbsup: if ya get tired of the tinder box i got an old 16 gallon cast iron kettle ya might like but the woods are probably full of em up there.

congrats again.

creek

Thanks fellas, yes it was quite a find. Also, I must add Ebenezer was a Shaker according to the article...Bud

Back