• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED WTB - Pietta Smith Carbine OR Decent Original Smith Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason60chev

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I am seeking very good condition Pietta made Smith Carbine in .50 Cal.

or.......

A Good-Very Good condition original Smith Carbine for a fair price.

Please advise with what you have, for consideration.

Thank you.

Gentlemen,
I am seeking very good condition Pietta made Smith Carbine in .50 Cal.

or.......

A Good-Very Good condition original Smith Carbine for a fair price.

Please advise with what you have, for consideration.

Thank you.
i got Pietta Smith .50 Carbine appears unfired,Wood is excellent with one noticeable ding in buttstock
Everything locks up tight, but is stiff- like an un-broken-in gun would be. Bore is pristine.

i got Pietta Smith .50 Carbine appears unfired,Wood is excellent with one noticeable ding in buttstock
Everything locks up tight, but is stiff- like an un-broken-in gun would be. Bore is pristine.
Hello, Thanks for the reply. Which model is it......sling swivels or side bar? can you send a fewpics....esp that ding?
Do you have a price in mind? You can PM, with that. Thanks, Jason

what do you consider fair?
Hello,
One man's fair is another man's ridiculous.

Let's start with what you have and some pics, early/late model; condition, bore pic/condition. Price/value you are asking.

I haven't decided upon repro or original, as I would like to shoot the arm.

Last edited:
Interesting how I can receive pictures of the same rifle from two different people, from supposedly,
two different locations. Kinda makes me skeptical of this forum.
Sketchy people surf the classified section here, had the same problem when I was looking for a An IX pistol. Beware of photo-shopped images as well.

Pics
Sketchy people surf the classified section here, had the same problem when I was looking for a An IX pistol. Beware of photo-shopped images as well.
Pics of the same rifle had different backgrounds, too. Just too unsettling.

Interesting how I can receive pictures of the same rifle from two different people, from supposedly,
two different locations. Kinda makes me skeptical of this forum.
More of an internet thing, not just this forum. Imagine at some point you will get a PM with a Texas phone number to call with a friend that has exactly what you are looking for. Don’t call, report it to the moderators.

More of an internet thing, not just this forum.

Many of the forums I'm a member of do not allow people to post in the classifieds or PM other people until they reach a certain post count (ex: 25-50 posts). The PM restriction keeps most people from creating new accounts just to scam people.

Pics

Pics of the same rifle had different backgrounds, too. Just too unsettling.
You need to report them to the mods and name them on the forum. If not someone will fall for their scam and lose their money. Evidently they haven’t been banned because the same members you’re speaking about are still posting.

Just curious, what are people paying for Pietta's, either new or used ?

Just curious, what are people paying for Pietta's, either new or used ?
I was bidding on one, at a live/internet auction, through Proxibid.com. Was a near new Pietta. Hammer dropped before I could click on the "BID NOW" button. Hammer drop was $1,000 plus about a 20% buyer's fee. Still way under full retail. That was a couple of months ago; haven't seen another Pietta, so far.

My friend has a gun shop. He has one, a pietta reproduction. It looks good, maybe unfired , I don’t know. I think he wanted $1000? I was in a rush. Wanted to look at it but didn’t have time. I will call him to see if he still has it. I will pm you his number.

Latest posts

Back