• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED WTB: CVA Mountain Rifle Rear Sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a picture of what your looking for, I have several for a mountain rifle

Do you have a picture of what your looking for, I have several for a mountain rifle

Photos_ACF147.jpg

Found it !! It's exactly like the one you have pictured only it is missing the small screw that adjusts the height. My Dad took it off his mountain rifle years ago and replaced it with a Lyman and this has been in our muzzleloader box ever since. PM me so I can get your info to ship it.

There are no doubt a number of perfectly acceptable sights. Just for information in case someone looks at this thread down the road. Here is a pic of what my CVA .45 Mountain Rifle has on it.

IMG_2605.jpeg

I really like that sight...........I wonder if that would happen to fit the dovetail on a Richland Arms ( Investarms ) Hawken? Anyone know? Greg

They’re both metric so, it’s possible they’d interchange. But if not, the dovetail base is only held to the sight by that one screw so all that’d be required is to make or buy a dovetail base that fits yer gun.

Sorry bubba your wrong.
The dove tail sight base is molded to that sight. It will fit a 3/8 dove tail easy. The screw is used to lock in the base to the dove tail after sighting in.
M

Sorry bubba your wrong.
The dove tail sight base is molded to that sight. It will fit a 3/8 dove tail easy. The screw is used to lock in the base to the dove tail after sighting in.
M

Not gonna argue with you but that screw is what held my Mountain Rifle sight to the base and tightened it into the dovetail.

That`s what I just said. You were implying that the base and sight were separate, and held together with the screw. Were as they are all one unit. The screw is what locks the sight in the dove tail.
M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back