• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Working on a possibles bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can get the hand stitch look, just go slow with it, should have var speed foot control.

Swampy said:
The Great Pinyone said:
I have been making pouches for 40 years, the best thing to remember is try to think 18th century- How would a frontiersman make one? I also can tell you that there is alot of work in a pouch, whenyou see a nice one for sale that looks like a cheap price it is- until a person makes some they don't have a real apreciatition for the time it takes to make one- i myself don't try and sell the because to me there is never enought money offered for them, so i have a good selection and the older they get the better they look. TGP

I know, I avg 20 to 24 hours sometimes more depending on the bag and I usually use Elk hide so when it's all said and done little to no money is made. And yes I think on how a person sitting on a porch in the early 1800's would make em.

I usually don't take that long, but even doing it faster there's not enough money in it for me to consider selling. Trades are a different matter though!

I'm down to finishing the strap on one with front and back pockets, and I probably don't have 10 hours in it yet. Time I finish the strap it will probably tally 12 hours total. I'm only about halfway through the horn that goes with it, and I'm betting that will take at last as long as the bag. So on second thought, maybe I do end up with 24 hours in one!

Back