• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

wool blanket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longbow-hunter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought this wool blanket at a yard sale. It is light greyish green with 4 colored stripes on it. It is sized for a double bed and twice as long. I thought not bad for $12.00. But it does have some small stains on it. My question is what is the best way to clean it. Do I have to dry clean it or can I wash it in cold water an woollite. I'm thinking of cutting it in half and using one half for a cover and the other to make some wool leggins. Any other ideas ! :idunno: :idunno:

Does it have any point marks or tags on it? Post up some pictures, one of us can probably identify it. Back in the day trade blankets and point blankets were made on the loom two blankets at a time and shipped that way. Then when they were sold they were cut apart, or you could buy both and leave them together. I have a 3 1/2 point Hudson Bay pair that's still together. When they're together, they're easy to use like a sleeping bag, keeps your feet covered and warm.

I usually take my Whitney and Hudsons Bay blankets to a good reputable dry cleaner company! Also, it sounds like someone tried to wash your blanket with something green thrown in the washer? I think it was originally white with multi-colored stripes!

Rick

we do all oue Whitnay and bay blankets with woolite and cool water what is a dry cleaner?

I found another wool blanket, white with red yellow and black stripes on the end. Got it fot 15 dollars but no point marks. This week I got a plain white one that I'll cut up for 1 dollar. I'll try and post pictures this weeken. Thanks for the replys :thumbsup:

Back