• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Whitworth Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I believe this is an early Euroarms Whitworth, the barrel is marked Parker Hale Birmingham England and Sir Joseph Whitworth Rifling. The stock is cartouched with the Parker Hale mark. The rifle is in overall good condition with two exception. It appears someone used a vise at some point to hold the barrel, cleaned up that area, and reblued. I have removed the barrel and there are no proof marks visible and the serial number can NOT be made out. The second issue is the rear sight is missing. I have tried my best to reflect all of this in the photos. Price $1250+ shipping or pickup near Chattanooga. Please contact me by PM for additional photos or info. Thanks.photos.
8310FB3D-69E0-4C48-B351-C57F340D5885.jpeg
6CBD25A8-83AD-46B2-A22B-FF713A4C2EFB.jpeg
200953BB-3FF1-42F5-8960-0A3179EEF5F1.jpeg
AF881A63-E481-47E3-95F8-E7C46DF68CF2.jpeg
DAA37DC7-FC88-470E-923D-4AF5D92CC95F.jpeg
9DB6FBD0-1F69-437E-BB05-E48FC82D53F2.jpeg
05B1CAE1-C166-4BAC-8710-1D40591459AB.jpeg
8236F5E6-6507-4481-A708-71E7AE86DD8E.jpeg
19E5423D-CDA6-49D8-B3BB-4D9D84D2AFAB.jpeg
D0D64B90-8B44-4B3B-B4D5-51D19867A4D8.jpeg
P

I wish i wasn't a poor boy id leave Knoxville be there pick it up in 2 hrs

PM if you have any interesting trade ideas. I’m tempted to keep this one but thought I would put it out there.

I'd be interested except for the missing serial number. That scares me. I can't imagine anyone removing it except for a deception of some sort.

Thank you Dude for that input. I believe the serial number which is partly visible fell victim to the clean up of the vise marks near the breach, as mentioned in the description. I suspect the barrel was placed in a vise to remove a stuck bullet and marred to a point that it had to be dressed up with a file or Emory cloth or both. If it was an attempt at deception I’m not certain what that deception would be. The Whitworth is clearly identifiable as an Italian assembled rifle using left over Birmingham, England produced parts. Thank you for the opportunity to clear that up for anyone that may not have been clear on the previous description. I will be happy to discuss this further with you or potential buyers in a PM. Thanks

I see your point, though I can't imagine someone clamping a barrel in a vise over the serial number. It takes quite a bit of filing to remove those numbers.

Steveoko said there are more photos of the breech area.

Is that touched up area spray painted? If so a little lacquer thinner could help towards clearing up a lot. Like showing vise marks or grinding/filing for repair or deliberate removal/defacing of the serial number. Might want to check the threads on the cleanout too, that screw is a replacement.

Please PM if you are interested in the Whitworth and would like additional information, photos, etc. I am more than happy to openly discuss the rifles merits and faults with potential buyers but do not believe the classified section is the appropriate location for on going discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back