• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

White Mountian Black Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellBound

36 Cal.
Reaction score
WMBH443.jpg

WMBH417.jpg

I just can't leave my T/C's alone.
A White Mountian barrel on a blacked out Hawken, 50 cal
A GrayHawk [stainless] on a New Englander stock

Also two shorties, WM & NE

P.A.

I may get egged by the foolish firearm forum folk for saying it - but those shorties are just too cool.

How do they shoot? I have never seen a pocket muzzle loader before... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I haven't shot the short New Englander, but I have fired the White Mountian quite a bit. It shoots and hits about the same as the full length rifle. A bit more muzzle blast tho. Both have Contender front sites and the NE has had the rear site moved back. I do have a chrono and a standard WM, so I should compare them.

To put them in a historical[?] situation I call them 'deck guns'. They could be handy to repel boarders or to fire from the tops [masts].

My current project is to build a Renegade short carbine, 58cal. I am having difficulty locating a 58 barrel at any sort of reasonable price. Green Mountian should have some in August.

P.A.

I thought I was the only one building a shortie 58!!

What are the specs on those short ones? Who did the work!?

Since both barrels are round at the muzzel end I used contender front sights. Both barrels are sixteen inch. The NewEnglander has a Renegade trigger guard. I did the mods.

Still no good 58 barrels around.

P.A.

Sorry for the delay, I don't login everyday. I hope this shows what you want.

051short.jpg

The Contender sight on the White Mountian [top] has been shortened to contour where the barrel goes octagon. This was needed because the length of the barrel was determined by the damage to it. The New Englander is round all the way so it is a full length Contender sight.

You can also see where I moved the New Englander rear sight back.

P.A.

Latest posts

Back