• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whispering Pines '09

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got to my 2nd rendevous, Whispering Pines in the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania. I had a great time! There was a friendly group of people there, a nice atmosphere, and some fun shooting and socializing.

Nessmuk helps to run the shoot, and he was nice as could be. Even though we'd never met, he recognized me from my picture here on the forum and offered me a place in his tent - which I gladly accepted, nd he and Jim, the booshway, set me up with a great dinner and breakfast. I was really grateful for their hospitality - it made the whole experience much easier for a tenderfoot who knew almost nobody there.Here's some of the photos from the weekend. I was only able to spend Friday night and Saturday, but I'm already making plans to go back next year!

Me just before the woods walk:

P8150508.jpg

Guys starting fire. I had never done this before, but Nessmuk lent me his kit, showed me how to do it, and I managed to burn through the string in 24 seconds! Seemed to take forever to me, but they tell me that's fast. Of course I probably couldn't do it again...

P8150507.jpg

Some pics of the campsite:

P8140499.jpg

P8150509.jpg

P8140502.jpg

P8140503.jpg

Bruce & Katie (this pic had some weird colors in it, so it looks slightly better in B&W:

P8140497.jpg

Shep preparing to shoot:

P8150515.jpg

and the shot's away...

P8150511.jpg

Some more pics of the firing line...

P8150513.jpg

P8150514.jpg

P8150512.jpg

The most fun? The woods walk of course! There were some neat targets, and I did fairly well for me. Next year I hope some others from this forum make it out there.

That looks like a beautiful place to camp and shoot. Very good photos too. Thanks for putting them up. :thumbsup:

Looks to me as though a great time was had by all.
Thanks for the pix. :thumbsup:
Dusty :wink:

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Your clothing and gear look great and I can tell by the smile on your face that you had some fun. Now...I need to get myself to one of those.

Comoultre,
Hey, I know that guy, Shep. It must have been hot for him to shoot without his stockings. He is one of a kind. He is one I will miss, since I won't get to see him at Union County ML Association's Rifle Frolic over Labor Day weekend. That is one you should go to if you think you had fun at Whispering pines!
volatpluvia

Wow! GREEN grass! envious!

Great pictures, great fellowship and glad you had a great time!
Its very addicting, espeacially when you are in the mixt of real folks whom make you fell welcome and not inferior!

Hats off to you and those who opened their camps to you! :hatsoff:

Thanks for posting the pics, Looks like a great time .I've only been to two rondys but i hope i can make a few more before i check out.

Back