• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What do we call this?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pitchy, you have a climate advantage over me. With our balmy Tucson weather, I don't have the excuse that it's to blaed nasty out to do chores. Ergo, SWMBO takes advantage.

PitchyPine

You are extraordinary.
It is fun and educational to see the things that you make.
You keep inspiring me.

I am in the middle of selling off my company, workshop and tools or I would be trying to make one too.

Have a happy new year
Tinker2

Thanks Tinker and sorry to hear about your buisness unless its a good thing.
Your guys compliments keep me going, that and shootin them of course. :thumbsup:

pitchy...boy i'm glad yer on our side! :haha: thats pretty cool! love yer ingenuity !!! jus like pokin my head in here see what ya made now! keep at it friend! looks great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks RC, i`m trying Old Sarges mustard trick on this barrel, we`ll see how it turns out.

mustardonbarrel.jpg

hot dog! gotta see how it turns out! hey, does it make a diff what kind of mustard you use? like reg, spicy? brown?

PitchyPine

“Thanks Tinker and sorry to hear about your buisness unless its a good thing.”

Oh, trust me my friend it is a very very good thing. Business is great, that makes it marketable, and I am old and weary.
I could use less stress in my life. Yea, it’s a good thing.

Tinker2

Tinker2 said:
PitchyPine

“Thanks Tinker and sorry to hear about your buisness unless its a good thing.”

Oh, trust me my friend it is a very very good thing. Business is great, that makes it marketable, and I am old and weary.
I could use less stress in my life. Yea, it’s a good thing.

Tinker2

Good deal, now ya just gotta throw together a few basic tools like a lathe, drill press, welder and you`ll be all set to build some gonnes. :thumbsup:

You could have run another bead in the opposite direction and had a bi-directional swirl. :hmm:

I`ll see how this one turns out and if I like it i`ll try it on another barrel. :thumbsup:

PitchyPine said:
Thanks RC, i`m trying Old Sarges mustard trick on this barrel, we`ll see how it turns out.

mustardonbarrel.jpg
Good luck tryin' to find a bun big enough to put that thing in... :rotf: :hatsoff:

Man I can't wait to see this! I hope you have more patience than me and can wait a week or two to see how much it will rust under there. I only waited a couple days. My theory is that if you wait longer and leave it in a somewhat humid place, the mustard will keep sucking moisture from the air and cause the rust underneath to set deeper giving you a more brown color. :hatsoff:

Do ya want it to stay brown color or to etch it and make a pattern after bluing the other parts that don`t have mustard on it. Like you pistol looks
Forgive my ignorance about this, did you mean lots of brown under there implying that it would be etched good. :redface:

Latest posts

Back