• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Were to locate a big brass belt buckle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raynor

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking for a 4" brass belt buckle. Any idea were I can find one online? Thanks for any info

Thanks,

Think I will make it, all the one's I've found are a little smaller than what I'm looking for.

I hope that you don't plan to wear that 4" belt buckle around your waist? Try bending over and have that buckle jab you in the abdomen. It ain't fun. And a 4 " wide belt aint much better.

IMHO, 2" is plenty.

Just had a thought. Try some of the high fashion designer web pages. Those large belt buckles are popular in womens fasion.

A 4" buckle might work well enough to cinch a horse, or a really big women, but most of us aint that big. :haha:
J.D.

Buy some round copper or brass stock. Get the metal hot. Bend it into a circle. Use a soldering iron or propane torch and a second piece of stock to form a cross piece. Don't forget to add the small pin for that forms the clasp. It's that simple. Why buy when you can make one for cheap.

Regards

You can get a three inch belt and brass buckle for twenty bucks at Possum Run Trading Company .I have one and it is plenty big.
Old Charlie

I have a large brass buckle that is actually a harness buckle for a Clydesdale horse.

It's different. You might try a harness shop, just for the heck of it.

Budweiser is still looking for that missing buckle.

WB

Thanks for all the info.

I picked up a piece of brass flat stock, 1/4 x 3" and long enough to make about 3 buckles.

Now off to the shop so I can start cutting and filing this thing. :)

I didn't see much on the tongue but cotter pins bent around the cross bar on one end and sharpened on the other do just fine and since they vary in size, they are easy to find for the variety of buckles which normally come without a tongue.
Tom Patton

Back