• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wagdon English target pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrywh

54 Cal.
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry, your pistol strikes me as a stunning example of fine gunmaking. The individual parts are wonderful in themselves, but what sets the gun apart is how they all contribute to making the whole much greater than the sum. The lines flowing from the butt down the stock and barrel to the muzzle all create a sense of urgent geometry and useful motion toward a target -- whatever it might be. If I had to single out one component, it would be that barrel, with its nearly mystical taper.
The more I look at the photos, the more "stuck" I am for words.

Hi Jerry,
Wonderful pistol!! Truly representative of English quality during the late 18th century. The engraving is wonderful and in perfect taste for the period. Well done Jerry, as always. My only comment is that you reproduced the style of the great John Twigg not Robert Wogdon. Twigg was one of the fathers of the English dueling pistol and you did very well by him.

Your friend,

dave

I love John Twigg but I wanted a target pistol and I have never seen a target pistol made by Twigg. I Plan to make a sporting rifle in the Twigg style. I even have a Twigg sliding safety lock.

Back