• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wabbit for Dinner (Again!!)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well folks, awoke this morning to a fresh layer of snow on the ground. New job has me workin some long hours so I had a few extra on the books, so I called in that I was going to be late! I got dressed in my finest attire, gathered my possibles and headed to the woods. Pulled into the woods at my usual spot and went a walkin'. after about 50 yards I cut my first rabbit track. Tis the season of love for bunnies in my neck of the woods so the tracks I was following soon joined about 3 other sets. After some carefull tracking I picked out the ones I figured were the biggest and followed them in and around some oak brush, over a couple of little hills, down a drainage or two and ended up right back where I picked up the tracks first thing!! Waskowe wabbit!! Headed west from there and picked up another set of tracks and the hunt was on again. I tracked them for about 30 minutes then I spotted a fat little fur ball under some oak brush about 20 pacess away. The little bugger Bolted strait away from me into some oak brush. I then took a few steps to the right and a little forward to see if it stopped, to the left of the first ones escape path about 10 feet was another one staring at me! I raised my rifle and pulled the cock back in one motion, set the trigger, took aim and touched her off. The bunnie did a flipp and lay there. My .45 caliber round ball clipped its neck right under the jaw. Man I love Hunting Wabbits!!!!
FlintlockBunny32012.jpg

BunnySlayer1.jpg

Whereabouts is your neck of the woods? We've had a stretch of 80 degree weather back here in Indiana.

I sure do wike fried wabbit. Congrats to ya an I really do like all of your gear :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

You DO make sure you're not shooting at Bugs, don't you? :blah:

Looks like a great hunt to me, congrats. What's that white stuff?

Snow ? In Michigan we have broke record highs,in the 80's for over a week
Great hunt. Nice looking rifle.

I live right on the New Mexico border with Southern Colorado. You would never know it snowed. Its in the 60's here today. Thanks for all the kind words guys!! Bugs better watch out if he ever makes that left turn In Albuquerque an I got my flinter loaded!! That wabbit was tasty!!!
:v

Back