• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Video of me Shooting the Kentucky Pistol for New years

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentuckyMan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
It was a war zone in my neighborhood. So I took the very first shot of the year(or as close as I can get) with my .45 Cal Kentucky Pistol. It's caplock, and loaded with 35 grains of fffg goex.

My camera was shooting about 25 frame a second, and I do believe I got very lucky to catch some of the muzzle blast in its early stages of fire..

First you will see this picture that shows two points of light. One white light being the cap going off, while this blue fire ball starts to come out of the muzzle..

The aftermath picture, seeing the sparks fly, The cool thing about that picture is you can see the gases or sparks swirl out of the muzzle. This is due to the rifling of the gun.

Here is the link to the video and Happy New Years. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhKBGjkxcpI

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool . . . I was sleeping . . . of course if my neighbors were making that much rucus . . . I might have been awake, and inclined to "answer" them . . . :grin:

Happy New Years. I just fired off a couple shots of my Colt, about sixteen grains of powder with paper wad overtop. It wasn't too loud, but it made a cool muzzle flash just like yours and left smoldering pieces of paper around.

LOL my neighbor were sleeping. I timed my shot just around the time of the count down, and fired on the one second line. I figure if there were any hang fire that I still would go off either a second or a second after the New Years came.

I should have fired my .50 cal rifle.. but the pistol did two things once I fired it.

One, it over powered a lot of the noise being made from fire cracker and other peoples gun. I think the shot travels out farther.

And second, I started to hear louder guns, (large bore shot guns and rifles) a few minutes after my shot. Seems like a lot of people said, "Oh no he didn't... ", "Martha! get me my 30-06, NOW!!!"

Well happy new years to all. I hope you too had as much fun(if not more) as I did. :hatsoff:

I also fired off one of my 1933 production .30/06 blanks. They still work just fine.

Cool! Huh..in my neighborhood, that would've been addressed by frantic phone calls and police cruisers screeching to a halt in my driveway, followed by who-knows-what.
Some folks have no sense of humor whatsoever. :shake:

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy New Year!

IMG_0090.jpg

that is nice.. You can see a little swirl in the flame.. That's the cool part in a muzzleloader night shot.. You can see all of the rifling at work

Latest posts

Back