• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unconquered

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOUBLEDEUCE 1

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I just picked up the movie "Unconquered" from Costco for six bucks. It was released in 1947 and stars Gary cooper and Paulette Goddard. The story is set somewhere in the 1760's, in the Ohio country. The story was interesting and the scenery and costumes I thought were excellent. Cooper carries what looks like a Jaeger rifle in part of the film. He also has a fistful of bullet boards handed to him by Ward Bond.
Aside from the few corny scenes I thought the movie was well worth the price of admission. Cooper was smooth, but Goddard was... let's just say, not the best. I certainly wouldn't have chosen her to play the part she had. The daughter of Cecil B. DeMille plays the bad guy's Indian wife. There are a lot of young faces in the movie like Boris Karloff, Lloyd Bridges and Iron Eyes Cody.
If you haven't seen the movie yet, give it a look. :thumbsup:

I bought a copy from Amazon yesterday for $8.12 plus shipping..you did good. This is a favorite of mine, and I haven't seen it in about 10 years..I thought Goddard's character was something like an almost hooker, and she fitted that..Hank

Great old movie. Ward bond also hands over a swivel-breech flinter to Cooper that was later mentioned in an article by P. Spangenberger (G&A) about the gun rental company that supplied guns to Hollywood. It was an original.
Jon

I think that rifle was also the one used in The Big Sky, by the charicter Boone.

Latest posts

Back