• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti Colt Pocket 1862

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a used and abused pocket Colt and it sorely needs some work. The good things are the bore is good, and the overall looks of the gun are very nice. Now the bad: Most screws heads look bad. The bolt/cylinder stop part is worn and cracked. When put on half cock, the cylinder won't turn. Now, should I start replacing parts until everything is good? Or better yet, take the path of replacing only what is needed and learning how the parts work in unison.
Thanks!

I rebuilt/restored a beater 1851 Navy last winter for my brother-in-law. I actually was able to save all the internal action parts with cleaning/stoning, so the original parts are still in the gun.

However, I assumed they were all bad and bought all new parts (including screws) when I started. The deal is, individually the parts are pretty cheap, so you can get all of them and pay the minimum shipping/handling fee one time. Buying them one at at time and adding that shipping fee to each one gets pretty expensive. And you can always use spare Colt action parts...

Back