• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two 16 Gauge Fowling Pieces

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a close up of the Manton
P7140024.jpg

I have finally got a couple of photos of the Manton single, interesting the breech plug has been bored right through at right angle to the bore and a screw fitted on the none lock side, Serial number is 5215, it has Manton ver faint on the lock plate so not sure which Manton made, or if it is knock off. Still a well made and balanced little gun, should still be good for a rabbit or two,!! I cannot get flickr to share, not sure what is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heelerau
Is your Manton a flintlock conversion using Nocks patent breech
Feltwad

Nocks patent Breech

Gordon, I know your rabbits are unwanted invasives down there. Are they cottontails, jacks or European hares -- or all three? I killed a lot of jackrabbits with No. 6 out of a 16-gauge many years ago in high school.

Bill, they are the common european rabbit, we also have hares particularly around the vineyards. I have got flickr going, must have been having a glitch yesterday, so here are the photos.
32252389858_de561fa2c3_n.jpg
P1030110[/url] by Gordon Hazel, on Flickr[/IMG]
45399754544_bbee94ef49_n.jpg
P1030109[/url] by Gordon Hazel, on Flickr[/IMG] looks like I can only post these as links to my album.Feltwad, I would say you are right on the money with the nocks patent breech.

Latest posts

Back