• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM Kits price goes up by about 30%

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I shouldn't have drug my feet taking the better part of a year deciding which rifle to build. When I called my order in she told me I was probably going to be paying the increased price. When I got my invoice, I did.
Oh well, it's something I've wanted for a long time, price be damned. It will be worth it. I'll finish out my days of hunting with this rifle mostly, and you can't put a price on that.

I am kicking myself right now on not ordering some stock blanks from dunlap woodcrafts. well no harm in waiting a bit longer now. their prices went up too.

I am kicking myself right now on not ordering some stock blanks from dunlap woodcrafts. well no harm in waiting a bit longer now. their prices went up too.
So their prices stopped or will stop rising? Ever hear of doing the same thing twice an getting a different (cheaper ) price nope me neither ./Ed

stikshooter I imagine that the price is not going to go up again in the next 6 months.

No loss.
Just gives better incentive to recycle those old models for getting newer people started.
It also gives good reason to buy a real muzzleloader, and not a toy make-believe facsimile.

Prices will ruins us! To fuel a semi under Trump cost $800.00 under Biden $1300.00 And it isn't over yet. Only after the country goes broke we will know.

Fuel costs were 25% less under Trump. You will pay more for everything.
Quality kits will keep rising. The finished guns will go up too. Try to hold
what you have--and sell only when forced. It is time to start refurbishing
and fixing up older used guns -and abandoned projects. Waste not-want not.

Wow gas is $2.71 a gallon here in Kentucky when I filled up this am.
Wow! What a deal!! An American gallon would be $6.18 where I live!! You sell gas by the gallon (.70/ litre). We buy it by the litre at $1.599 / L right now. Quite a difference wouldn’t you say? Oh and our gallon is 4.54 L/ gal…so that equals $7.25 right now. $2.71 sounds like a deal to me.

So when did the Gun Builder's Bench become part of the American Politics section.
Remember what Trump said" It's going to go away on it own"
MODS MOVE IT OR CLOSE IT!!!!!!!!

So when did the Gun Builder's Bench become part of the American Politics section.
Remember what Trump said" It's going to go away on it own"
MODS MOVE IT OR CLOSE IT!!!!!!!!
Sorry, my post just got hijacked and turned into something it was never meant to be.

Sorry, my post just got hijacked and turned into something it was never meant to be.
Just proves not even the most ardent haters of politics can hide from inflation in this day and age. It will touch everyone one way or another. And I hate to break it to anyone, but politics is the biggest driver of this episode of inflation.

Sure inflation is in play here, but are we certain the prices going up this much on kits and parts isn’t a product of the core consumer group in this hobby aging out?

See the poll results on this thread so far:
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/average-age-of-muzzle-loading-enthusiasts-poll.141505/
Sure, 100 votes (at the time I typed this) on one traditional muzzleloading forum isn’t indicative of the hobby as a whole, but we can see where it’s trending. I have to wonder if it’s not just inflation we’re dealing with in this hobby. It’s unlikely a new guy coming into this is willing to pay hazmat for his powder and caps since they’re scarce locally, or pay $1k+ for something they don’t know much about in general.

Sure inflation is in play here, but are we certain the prices going up this much on kits and parts isn’t a product of the core consumer group in this hobby aging out?

See the poll results on this thread so far:
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/average-age-of-muzzle-loading-enthusiasts-poll.141505/
Sure, 100 votes (at the time I typed this) on one traditional muzzleloading forum isn’t indicative of the hobby as a whole, but we can see where it’s trending. I have to wonder if it’s not just inflation we’re dealing with in this hobby. It’s unlikely a new guy coming into this is willing to pay hazmat for his powder and caps since they’re scarce locally, or pay $1k+ for something they don’t know much about in general.
Well, I watch the entire shooting sports industry and price increases aren't just a muzzleloader thing. The demand for EVERYTHING shooting related is historically high and the supply is almost non existent. There are a lot of reasons for it, but they all lead back to a shortage on raw materials, a shortage on workers, increased govt regulations, etc. There is even a problem right now with insurance companies refusing to underwrite a trucker hauling large quantities of ammo. Huge demand, very low supply, inflated prices.
Regarding the muzzleloader sphere, I know for a fact there's a huge number of people who turned to whatever blackpowder guns and ammo they could get because everything else was drying up. What they did was hit a niche market with a huge demand and overwhelmed it into the same dynamic of inflation.
Just look at the niche market of bullet casting. I started casting back in the 80s and never ever had trouble ordering whatever I needed. Just try to find a mold right now. The people who couldn't find jacketed bullets turned to bullet casting and wiped it out. If you can find anything casting related it's sold at inflated prices.
I wish people would calm down just a bit and let things recover.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back