• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

trip from Texas to PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigtmiller

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I am leaving Friday going from East Texas back home to PA. Going out 40 through Tennessee and up 81 through Virginia to PA. Any good black powder shops or cool knife shops or any cool shops to stop at on my way?

Thanks!!

This shop will be for another trip , maybe?..........Log Cabin Muzzleloading Shop , Lodi Ohio , not far from where I-80 crosses from Pa. , into Ohio. When wife and I used to do lotsa traveling in a camper , used to park in their parking lot , overnight. Nice folks , and a full service shop. Good website , too.

Smokey Mountain Knife Works is just of I 40 Sevierville Tn 👍

Dixie Gun Works in Union City Tn, but that’s a couple hours North of I 40
Smoky mountain knife is well worth the stop and not terribly far out of the way. Floors of knives and other cool stuff. And when you walk in the front door, up the steps into the main building, look to your right. Against the wall is where they used to keep their selection of muzzle loaders. All taditional. And on that same strip of road, just a couple miles down, are plenty of good eating joints. It's a pretty good area for a travel stop. Plus you get to see the great Smoky mountains. The knife shop also has a section downstairs for knife making supplies. Also plenty of non knife stuff for the kids and family.

is dixie gun works an actual store or just a mail order place?

It is an actual store. It is not a big flashy place but is crammed with stocks, various other ML parts, tons of a accoutrements, and stuff like that. Also an old car museum if they are still operating that. Not what one would expect from the huge catalog. First time I went I was expecting a big flashy ML joint about the size of academy sports. Nope, small operation but a great little place to stop when in the area.

It’s a store.

874104BA-76AC-4AD6-B975-D4271F4CCC14.jpeg

I am leaving Friday going from East Texas back home to PA. Going out 40 through Tennessee and up 81 through Virginia to PA. Any good black powder shops or cool knife shops or any cool shops to stop at on my way?

Thanks!!
A great place is Brad Emigs's
Cabin Creek Muzzle Loading
50 W Beaver St, Hallam, PA 17406

A true 18th century shop , like the House bros or Williamsburg. He is one of the best IMHO

This will be out of range for ya , but Dixon's m/l shop , Kempton , Pa. . , North of Lancaster , Pa. An old shop w/a ton of stuff.
I may run up there. in the past it seems they are always closed when I am near there.

Back in 2017 I Drove I 40 from California through Tennessee, I was thinking of taking the detour to Union city but I decided not to. I regret that decision, I should have made the trip.

Latest posts

Back