• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trapper Transformation with Garand Trigger guard

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Acquired this unmarked Trapper pistol at a local show. No-one would even look at it due to the hideous triggerguard made with US M-1 Garand parts!! Add to fact it would not stay cocked also scared most away despite it was virtually new and unfired. Spent a few hours on it and added the .40 douglas barrel with captured rod i had fitted to a CVA mountain pistol. Latter just didn't feel right. Anyway I'll let the before and after pics speak for themselves. BTW the original .50 barrel will easily interchange. Should add its still not finished but it cocks fine and set triggers work well.

Attachments

• 20230318_162815.jpg
    20230318_162815.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 20230318_162819.jpg
    20230318_162819.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230319_183623.jpg
    20230319_183623.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230319_183634.jpg
    20230319_183634.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Someone really had fun piecing that together 😅 Good onya for swapping that out

Did you end up doing any work on the tumbler and sear engagement to fix the "would not stay cocked" problem or was it just a double trigger adjustment issue?

Yes nice short rewarding project, The MTN pistol looked good with the .40 douglas barrel but without DST's it just wasn't the target pistol i was after. As for the lock adjusted the set screw for sear engagement, lightened the set spring tension and adjusted let off to like 5 oz or so, Feels good and not unsafe. Points well and not too muzzle heavy for target use whenever it stops raining here.

Strange but .50 original bbl only marked ARDESA and proofs. Must be an early one. FWIW making a case with accoutremounts now.

Back