• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I seen this in a gun shop new in box. Are they any good or should I buy a new one.
IMG_2123.jpeg
IMG_2124.jpeg
IMG_2125.jpeg

I seen this in a gun shop new in box. Are they any good or should I buy a new one.View attachment 267518View attachment 267520View attachment 267521
It looks to me like the bolt drop is a bit late from the mark on the lead side of the cylinder notch but that can be adjusted. The mark on the other side of the notch is from the bolt nose being a bit tall or the hand nose a bit long and it is not quite clearing at rotation start. If alignment between cylinder and barrel is good then $395.00 looks like a pretty good price.
My new Uberti which also needs some work, with freight was over $450.00 from Midway but then everything shipped to AK is expensive.

Last edited:
How much are they asking? You can get a new Uberti for somewhat north of 400.00.
$395 I can more than likely talk him down
It looks to me like the bolt drop is a bit late from the mark on the lead side of the cylinder notch but that can be adjusted. The mark on the other side of the notch is from the bolt nose being a bit tall or the hand nose a bit long and it is not quite clearing at rotation start. If alignment between cylinder and barrel is good then $395.00 looks like a pretty good price.
My new Uberti which also needs some work, with freight was over $450.00 from Midway but then everything shipped to AK is expensive.

How do you check cylinder alignment thanks

How do you check cylinder alignment thanks
Most are checked with what is know as "range rod" specific to bore diameter but I use a set of plug gauges that the tightest will just slide through the bore of it's own weight when tilted muzzle high. I index each chamber to lock up , insert the plug gauge and tilt the barrel until it slides down bore and hopefully into each chamber to it's bottom. If this occurs than alignment is very good but if it stop before reaching chamber bottom than there is a certain amount of misalignment.
In .44 caliber guns and above one can shine a goose neck auto lamp in the muzzle and peer around it to see each chamber face and how it centers up with the barrels bore. This is even more accurate than the range rod or plug gauge as it works like and aperture sight with a circle centering another circle.

Most are checked with what is know as "range rod" specific to bore diameter but I use a set of plug gauges that the tightest will just slide through the bore of it's own weight when tilted muzzle high. I index each chamber to lock up , insert the plug gauge and tilt the barrel until it slides down bore and hopefully into each chamber to it's bottom. If this occurs than alignment is very good but if it stop before reaching chamber bottom than there is a certain amount of misalignment.
In .44 caliber guns and above one can shine a goose neck auto lamp in the muzzle and peer around it to see each chamber face and how it centers up with the barrels bore. This is even more accurate than the range rod or plug gauge as it works like and aperture sight with a circle centering another circle.
Thank you

While I haven't seen the revolver in question, most Traditions I've seen have IMO subquality finish and construction. No offense to those who may have them but that is why they are usually lower in price than others. Have never heard many favorable reports on Armi San Marco revolvers over the years.

While I haven't seen the revolver in question, most Traditions I've seen have IMO subquality finish and construction. No offense to those who may have them but that is why they are usually lower in price than others. Have never heard many favorable reports on Armi San Marco revolvers over the years.
It was made In the 90’s does that make a difference thanks

It’s my belief that some Traditions arms are B-grade Piettas and Chiappas. They are safe to use but not always cosmetically or mechanically up to standard. Thats not to say that they can’t be put into excellent order with a bit of patience, fine files, sandpaper and/or upgrading a part.

It was made In the 90’s does that make a difference thanks

Couldn't tell ya that, all I know is that on another forum there are guys who have worked on a variety of Italian made reproductions over the years and Traditions and Armi San Marco's are not held 'high on the shelf'. Poor steel, ill fitting parts, parts hard to come by (as many other Italian made revolver parts won't fit). The Tradition products I've seen are made IMO to capture shooters who don't want to pay a little more for better quality, higher priced shooters. I've examined some of Traditions wares over the years and I won't waste my time on them. Saw a ASM once at a gun show and it was junk. When I buy a firearm, I rather spend a bit more for the best quality rather than get something and have buyers remorse, know alot of buyers who have done that.

Couldn't tell ya that, all I know is that on another forum there are guys who have worked on a variety of Italian made reproductions over the years and Traditions and Armi San Marco's are not held 'high on the shelf'. Poor steel, ill fitting parts, parts hard to come by (as many other Italian made revolver parts won't fit). The Tradition products I've seen are made IMO to capture shooters who don't want to pay a little more for better quality, higher priced shooters. I've examined some of Traditions wares over the years and I won't waste my time on them. Saw a ASM once at a gun show and it was junk. When I buy a firearm, I rather spend a bit more for the best quality rather than get something and have buyers remorse, know alot of buyers who have done that.
Yes you guys are right look at the stamping
IMG_2124.jpeg

They are heavy in the extreme! Almost strictly a bench-rest item. Get a Dragoon if you like the big ones. At 400 bucks, you'd be smart to compare before "pulling the trigger", so to speak!
Certainly is a heavy gun, but once you get it up there to shoot it seems to hang up in place on point. And for all the fire, noise and smoke, due to its weight it has comparatively little recoil. Mine will shoot as good or better offhand as my smaller guns but definitely compare before you take the plunge .

I had a replica Walker I got cheap at a show once; you can't even stick it in your belt to carry around to offer at gun shows as your pants will fall down! I couldn't GIVE the thing away, practically; too large, heavy, etc. Wound up selling cheap, (what I paid) But if some guys love them, so be it! To each his own! I never got a Dragoon, and would buy one if it fell into my lap cheaply.

Latest posts

Back